Software theft affects us all. It is not just the IT industry that loses out to software thieves, the end-user is often left in a vulnerable position as they will not be entitled to technical support or have access to information regarding upgrades. Additionally Illegal products may be incomplete, contaminated with a virus or have impaired functionality.
We welcome any assistance to help us combat software theft. If you have any information regarding the abuse or illegal sale of software, then please contact us by telephone, e-mail or by completing the complaint form provided below.
You can be assured that your personal details will be treated in confidence unless we are required to comply with a legal process ordering disclosure. If we do not have authority to represent a particular software publisher, we may continue to contact the organisation named, whilst respecting your confidentiality, with [the aim being to notify and provide] a view to providing avenues for assistance.
Things to look out for:
- No licence documentation
- Poor quality artwork on packaging or media
- Another person's details on registration screens
- Refusal by dealer to give you product ID/ serial number
- Very cheap software
What We Need To Investigate Further
- Details of products and the versions involved
- Details of how the products are being sold including copies of adverts, e-mail addresses or retailers addresses.
- Contact information for the informant, email address, phone and fax numbers.
- Copies of quotes or invoices for the infringing software.
- Any other relevant paperwork, examples of the software or additional information
Thank you for wanting to help reduce software theft.