Guidance for End User Organisations
FAST IiS is committed to championing professional software management. We aim to deliver relevant, useful and timely information and resources to all end user organisations striving to achieve effective management of their software assets. Register here to gain access to regular updated guidance, which may be delivered in the following ways:
- Public Relations & Press Releases
- White papers
- Federation speakers at 3rd party events
Type of guidance:-
- Simplified guidance on the benefits of adopting SAM & SLM best practice policies, processes and procedures.
- Self Assessment Engine (SAE) - the SAE is a self assessment guidance tool based on the ISO/IEC 19770-1 Software Asset Management (SAM) standard that enables an organisation to benchmark their SAM policies and procedures. For more information and to purchase a copy of the SAE click here.
- FAST IiS Software Industry Research Board (SIRB) run an annual survey with IDC (International Data Corporation) to review attitudes and perceptions in the corporate end user community. The analysis of the resulting data is fed back to the SIRB; the members then agree on the communication activities (e.g. press releases, white papers, events) that are delivered back to the marketplace to address the issues raised. Click here for more information:-
- Other 2008 surveys include:- The economy’s impact on software piracy (May 2008); The future generation’s attitude towards file sharing, piracy and what they perceive as theft (planned for September 2008).
- Updates from the FAST IiS Legal Advisory Group (FLAG).
- FAST IiS’ responses to government consultation papers issued on various matters concerning intellectual property rights and related areas.
- Making available, or advising upon, tools, processes and practitioners that can assist end users in their pursuit of SAM best practice.
- Providing guidance on the software licensing legal framework to ensure end users understand their rights and responsibilities. Click the links to gain access to guidance on ‘What is software theft’ , ‘How to spot counterfeit software’, ‘Anti-piracy FAQs’ and more...
- Thought leadership forums. FAST IiS in association with other industry bodies set up forums to explore new innovations that impact the user community and software industry i.e. Virtualisation, Software as a Service (SaaS) and Open Source. The forums are focused on the demands that the end users wish to unravel and the major challenges that the industry faces.
- International reach: FAST IiS champions consistent standards, best practice and simplified messaging worldwide. We do this through the development of international chapters, alliances and associations with similar bodies.
FAST IiS has strong relations with software publishers, resellers, SAM practitioners, legal practices and consultancy services through it’s membership base. It also has powerful influential links with government and other authoritative bodies. The net effect of FAST IiS’ activities brings end users and the other communities closer together which ultimately benefits the industry as a whole.